Active Autowerke BMW B46 Catted Downpipe
BMW introduced a new valvetronic, single turbo version of its direct-injection engine for the later F-Chassis models beginning in 2016. The Active Autowerke B46 downpipe for the 230i, 330i and 430i helps unleash some of the potential that is restricted by the OEM downpipe.
Turbochargers are powered by spent exhaust gases created during the combustion process. The quicker these gases are evacuated, the better. Unfortunately, the factory down pipe in the B48 is quite restrictive, which results in slower exhaust gases and slower turbo spool.
The Active Autowerke F-Chassis B46 Signature down pipe utilizes 3-1/2 inch diameter stainless steel piping in order to provide more power, quicker spool, and extreme durability. We’ve incorporated a stainless flex joint and then to the ball flare to meet the OEM exhaust system.
This variant includes a 4″ high flow GESI catalytic converter that will NOT produce a CEL!
The GESi G-Sport High Output Catalytic Converter features full 304 stainless steel construction, including the substrate. GESi HO-Series Gen 2 Catalytic Converters are EPA registered and compliant in 49 states and fully OBD2 compliant, perfect for use on 1996 and newer vehicles. GESi proprietary precious metal loading technology ensures greatly reduced emissions, eliminating most “Check Engine Lights”. These high flow catalytic converters outperform stock converters and provide a reliable solution to the most common catalytic converter problems.
The GESi HO-Series Catalytic Converters are rated for engines putting out between 300 and 500 horsepower while maintaining a high flow capacity. The reduced back-pressure from this high flow catalytic converter will allow you to maximize your engines horsepower without the harmful emissions. Say goodbye to Check Engine Lights and failed emissions tests!
Please Note: These catalytic converters are not legal for use on vehicles registered in the state of California as a result of California Vehicle Code Section 27156 and 38391.
- NO CEL for catalytic efficiency when using this downpipe
- GESI EPA registered high flow and fully OBD2 compliant
- Casted upper stainless steel V-Band for precise fitment
- 3 inch diameter piping allows for maximum power output
- Quicker turbo spool
- Rated for 300 to 500 hp applications
- Withstands up to 1500 F
- Can reach operational efficiency within 9 seconds of startup
- Easily bolts-on no cutting or welding required
- Durable construction from TIG welded 304 stainless steel
- Ultra high flow 400 cell per square inch catalyst
- EPA compliant for use on OBD2 vehicles (1996 and newer) except in California
- 304 stainless steel substrate in catalytic converter is furnace braised to the mantle for outstanding durability
- GESi proprietary precious metal loading technology ensures greatly reduced emissions
- Both passengers and drivers are safe from harmful emissions and noise
- Precise fitment
- Made in Miami, Florida
- Covered by 5 Year / 50,000 Mile Warranty (on shell and tube ends) and 2 year / 25,000 Mile Warranty on the Catalytic core
NOTE: Federal law prohibits the tampering of an emissions control device. Mobile Source Enforcement Memorandum 1A, allows for aftermarket parts to be used in the repair or replacement of emissions control systems, provided the emissions aren’t adversely affected. There is no mention or reference to cell density or converter volume dimension. The GESI catalytic converter will produce emissions that will meet the standards set by the EPA, not CARB.
Active Autowerke B46 Downpipe Benefits
The speed of a turbo’s impeller wheel is limited by exhaust back pressure. A larger down pipe relieves some of this pressure, resulting in quicker and more efficient spool. With Active Autowerke’s downpipe, your B46 can rev quicker, and deliver more horsepower and torque.
Minimizing back pressure while retaining daily drive-ability was the goal of our B46 downpipe. Owners can now upgrade to a product that is affordable, reliable, and easy to install.
After months of research and development, our engineers settled on a 3-1/2 inch diameter pipe which utilizes the least number of bends possible. The large volume helps the turbo spool as quickly as possible by eliminating back pressure during spool up. We are ushering in a new era in performance where we maintain air control standards without significant losses in power by using the GESI super high output catalytic converter in our signature downpipe.
Constructed entirely from 304 stainless steel with 1.5MM wall thickness, we are confident that you’ll be pleased with how robust and durable this down pipe is. Trouble-free installation and a long lifespan ensure that you’ll enjoy many miles of performance with your B48!